About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog in English. It is a literary experiment inspired by Pirandello's "Novelle per un anno". It is just a series of questions on twelve topics or so.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

3. How would you cook a man ?

Cooking a man seems quite a natural activity to me though I deeply dislike spending my time in a kitchen, in front of an oven, among frying pans... Actually it could be a fritto misto, a mix of fried bits flavoured with lemon juice with slices of golden polenta resting around your fishing. This will obviously mean that you will have to fish the man first and then think about finding a pan large enough to contain your catch. But that’s a detail.
You may also want to consider not cooking him at all. I mean, there are so many pâtés and terrines recipes on the net that you could very well get rid of him without cooking him. But I am mistaken since you still need some cooking to confectionate the farce since pâtés and terrines are not made of row material.
Speaking of row material it would be nice to shape up an aspic, that Italian antipasto made of anything you fancy plus jelly. Lay him out in a jolly kamasutra position then cover him with spicy colourful jelly. Your fantasy is free to create the pièce montée of the century and I am sure you will happily serve it to your girl pals during a memorable banquet.
What about a dessert ? A gelato of course: gelato al gusto di maschio – male flavoured ice cream. Sounds better in Italian, don’t you think ?
As for the wine I would recommend a white Bourgogne of Burgundy, France of course.

No comments: